8. Which roads in the City are the responsibility of the State of Florida Department of Transportation?
12. Can you give me information about planting trees/shrubs/bushes in the right of way area between the sidewalk area and the street?
23. What can I do to work as a team with the Police Department and make my neighborhood a safer place to live?
24. Does the Police Department have a program that allows citizens to see firsthand what the Police Department does?
27. What's going on at the fire station on Murrell Road? I see that firefighters are building things on this site.
What can I do about speeding on my street?
This is a common problem anywhere there are streets, especially residential streets. Speeding is a problem that needs to be addressed, particularly for the safety of the children in the community. The Rockledge Police Department has a two person Traffic Unit that is dedicated to addressing these problems. In addition, each police officer has a zone that he/she is responsible for, which includes traffic problems. You may contact the police department 24 hours a day by calling 690-3988 or email the complaint to our traffic officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do to work as a team with the Police Department and make my neighborhood a safer place to live?
The Rockledge Police Department has a very active Neighborhood Watch Program that is growing by leaps and bounds. The Police Department would enjoy working with you to establish a Neighborhood Watch Group in your area. Please call Corporal Alice Deakins at 690-3213 ext 3014 or email her at email@example.com. Please feel free to stop by the Police Department lobby and look at all the pictures of established groups.
Does the Police Department have a program that allows citizens to see firsthand what the Police Department does?
The Police Department has a Ride Along Program in place that allows citizens to ride with a police officer. A one page application and a signed waiver are required. You must be at least 18 years of age and agree to a criminal history and driver's license check before being approved. The application can be obtained in the Records Office located in the lobby of the Police Department. Please stop by or call the Watch Commander at 690-3213 ext. 3005 if you have any other questions.