Community Art Project
Traffic Signal Control Box Art Wraps
The City of Rockledge and the Community Redevelopment Agency are seeking artists to submit digital artwork to be printed on vinyl wraps and placed on traffic signal control boxes around the City. Five locations have been designated for art wraps. Click here to view the complete project proposal including location information and FDOT regulations.
What we are looking for:
- Varied concepts from urban to landscape, abstract to realistic
- Concepts related to the Area, Activities or History of Rockledge are preferred
- Bright and visible images
- Appropriate for all age viewers
- The image may not display any messages, words, or alpha-numeric characters, except artist’s insignia, per FDOT regulations.
Artist may submit a maximum of three pieces of original artwork as .pdf, .jpg. or .png with a brief description of the proposed design.
- Artwork needs to be in full color and include all dimensions to show exactly what it will look like.
- Click here to submit the online application form and upload artwork
- Deadline for submittals has been extended to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 4, 2021
- Submittals will be reviewed and selected by the CRA Board
- Selected submittals will be presented to the City Council for final approval
- You will be contacted by Friday, June 18, 2021 with project details.
- Artist must be able to provide a digitally-scanned, high-resolution electronic image, per the requirements of the graphic designer, to create the wrap.
- Creation of electronic images must be done by the artist and at their expense.
Below is an example of how artwork examples should be submitted.
- The example depicts each side of the cabinet.
- The example is in full color and includes all dimensions (*dimensions in example are not to scale).
- A brief description of the proposed artwork is included.