What type of work requires a permit?

What type of work requires a permit?

• Any new construction

• Residential or Commercial addition

• Residential or Commercial alteration of existing structures

• Fences

• Driveways

• Patios larger than 100 sq. ft.

• Sheds larger than 50 sq. ft.

• Parking lots

• Roofing

• Pools

• Solar pool heaters

• Structural changes

• Signage

• Commercial awnings

• Tree removal

• Land disturbing activity

• Plumbing

• Electrical, Gas or HVAC

Contact the Building Division at 321-221-7540 option 2 for any additional questions.

Show All Answers

1. What type of work requires a permit?
2. Why do I need to get a building permit for property I own?
3. Where can I get flood zone information for my property?
4. Do I need a permit to re-roof my home if I perform the work myself?
5. What do I need for an A/C permit?
6. Do I need a permit to remove a tree?
7. How do I find out if my property is within the City of Rockledge?
8. Is a permit required?
9. What Contractors licenses are required for those who apply for a permit in the City of Rockledge?
10. How do I apply for a permit?
11. How long does it take for a permit to be approved?
12. What is One-Stop Permitting?
13. Why do I need to submit surveys of my property?
14. Who needs to sign the permit application?
15. Can I receive a permit as owner/builder?
16. Do my plans need to be signed and sealed?